The Boys & Girls Club of the South Coast Area (BGCSCA) is dedicated to enabling all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. As a Boys & Girls Club volunteer, you will mentor and teach our young people to overcome both academic and personal challenges and motivate them to pursue their passions. Learn valuable leadership and educational skills, form lasting relationships, and make a positive impact on our members' lives.
We have several volunteer opportunities available. For more information, click on the attachments below:
ATHLETICS: (Note that athletic program volunteers must attend a coach's orientation and clinic)
EDUCATION: (Note that education program volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation)
- Elementary Tutor/Mentor
- Teen Tutor
Program Facilitator (Example ideas listed below)
- Organize a specialty workshop or program (e.g., art lessons, soccer clinic, Zumba classes, etc.)
- Teach a weekly educational program (e.g., book club, "entrepreneurship 101," etc.)
- Organize a weekly community service/civil engagement activity with members (e.g., pen pal program, , etc.)
Fundraising and Special Events Assistance or bring a special initiative or presentation to our Club. For example, you could:
- Organize a donation drive for the Club (eg., collect school supplies)
- Be a guest speaker for our members (e.g., discuss careers, entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Host a group of Club members at your business or organization for a field trip
- Organize a community service activity with members (e.g., writing letters to senior citizens or troops overseas)
STEPS TO BECOMING A BGCSCA VOLUNTEER:
Step 1: Fill out a volunteer application and background check authorization form (if 18 years of age or older), and bring the completed forms into the Club.
Forms can be found below:
Step 2: Discuss goals for your volunteer experience with a BGCSCA staff member
Step 3: Work with BGCSCA to plan and carry out your service activity successfully
We look forward to meeting you!